Saturday, October 3, 2009

UFO Challenge

I’ve decided to join the UFO Challenge on Finns blog.  I’ve committed to finishing 2 UFO’s by the end of the year, which given my slow rate of quilting, can be accomplished.  I’ve got many more UFO’s, but I told myself if I finished these 2 quilts, I can start a new chenille quilt project that I’ve been wanting to do.

My Halloween quilt is the first quilt that I need to get finished (like now would be a good time to finish it!)   I’ve got a few more quilt lines to transfer for the FMQ, than I can start quilting.   I want to do more than just stippling on this quilt, so I found a border with leaves and vines.   My goal this weekend is to get the FMQ started.  Then I will have to bind it, put a sleeve on it, make the pumpkin top appliqué and attach it, and I will be done.

 Here is a picture of the quilt so far.Quiltluver If you want to see a close up of each cat, you can click here to my previous blog with those pictures. 

The other quilt I want to finish is the pinwheel quilt.  When I say finish on this one, I mean have the top and back done to send to a long armer.  I don’t want to wrestle quilting this quilt with the fragile 30’s  fabrics around on my sewing machine.   This quilt is made up of 30’s blocks my grandmother made.  You can read more about the background of this quilt here.

I’ve got the border attached, but I’ve got to rip out one side because of a tension problem with the sewing machine.  I’ve also got the appliqué top border almost finished, but I don’t have a picture yet.

I’m actually excited to get these UFO’s done.

Karen

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad I'm not the only one with projects piling up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see both quilts done, they look wonderful! I actually pledged to finish 6...6??? I better get a move on! tee hee

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just might get that Halloween quilt done in time to hang this year!
    The pinwheel quilt is so pretty. I'd love to have any kind of blocks that were made by a relative, but none of them quilt!
    Glad you took up the challenge. I have found it very motivating so far, and I'm sure you will too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you taking the time to leave a comment and visiting my blog. I enjoy reading your comments.