Friday, October 2, 2009

Favorite Fabric Friday #2

I enjoyed looking at the paisley fabrics last week, and thought I would share my one and only paisley in my stash.  I went to a quilt show in Hadley, Michigan last year.  They have a wonderful little quilt shop called Elaines Quilty Shop.  I saw this fabric and fell in love with it.  I didn’t know what I was going to do with it.  I’ve been thinking of making a purse with it.  I actually cut pieces for a purse in another fabric thinking I’d practice on that fabric before I cut into this one.  I don’t know why quilters have a hard time cutting into a piece of fabric we’ve fallen in love with.  I think I bought 2 yards, which is a lot for me when I don’t have a specific project in mind.

Paisley fabric

I just love the royal blue and aqua colors in this fabric.  I’m enjoying the other FFF blogs.  Such beautiful fabrics.  Check out www.myquiltblog.com for more blogs.

I’ve decided to join Auntie Em in the UFO finish challenge.  I’ll blog more about that this weekend.

There are 3 quilt shows this weekend.  I’ll probably get to the one in Durand, and we’ll have to see on the other two.  So, I’m going to have some fun this weekend.

Hope your weekend is a good one.

Karen

2 comments:

  1. Oh, you are so right, that fabric is gorgeous!!! I would have a hard time cutting it, too. Maybe you could use as a whole cloth?

    have fun at the shows this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why you liked the fabric, I like it a lot too. Nice colors in it. I don't know why we have such a hard time cutting into some fabrics either. Maybe we just have to wait till the time is right or the right project comes along.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you taking the time to leave a comment and visiting my blog. I enjoy reading your comments.