Tuesday, September 22, 2009

MQN Quilt Show

This quilt show was fabulous. So many beautiful, well designed quilts, that it is hard to pick only a few to blog about. Here are some of my favorites:


MQN show Sept 09 004 (2)



As I was taking this picture, the quilter walked up to me and said “thank you”. I told her it was a beautiful quilt. There were some other quilts that were similar, but this quilt was the only one with the inscription “We plant the seeds but He provides the harvest”







I like the way this quilt extends into the borders. Then you look at a close up and the quilting is really neat.


MQN show Sept 09 021 (2)MQN show Sept 09 022 (2)



MQN show Sept 09 023 (2)











MQN show Sept 09 017 (2)





The only cat quilt at the show







MQN show Sept 09 025 (2)









This one looks like it was a lot of work, but I love the bright colors and the rainbow effect





MQN show Sept 09 032 (2)





Titled A Sled Dogs Dream

“In my head, I’m somewhere warm”




These quilts fascinate me, and I’d like to do one someday.

MQN show Sept 09 012 (2)MQN show Sept 09 075 (2)







What an interesting twist on a double wedding ring quilt. This was a wall quilt size.






I’ll post more later.

Karen

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing the pictures of these beautiful quilts. I haven't been to a quilt show in awhile, and I feel that I've been able to go to this one vicariously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these quilts are gorgeous! and so different from each other. What a bowl full of eye candy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you taking the time to leave a comment and visiting my blog. I enjoy reading your comments.