Thursday, July 30, 2009

Halloween UFO

I started this UFO well before Halloween last year. I almost got it done in time for Halloween, but got stopped by the quilting, again (sigh). I tried to quilt it and it just didn't come out like I wanted. By then, Halloween was over and I lost interest. So, I'm going to try again to finish well before Halloween so I can hang it up in my office. I had a lot of fun finding the right fabric and doing the raw edge applique on this one. I changed the layout a little bit and decided that my blocks were going to be wonky and not all the same size. I didn't really know what I was doing, but I like the way it turned out.


This guy is pretty cool!


I used a combination of sewing and colored markers for the lines


Boo!


Are you scared?


Yes, all those little bones are appliqued! Mwahhhhh!


This is my favorite. I love the expression on her face.




I want to make this into the shape of a (long) pumpkin, and still need to come up with a pumpkin stem for the top of it.



If you don't hear me talking about this over the next few months, please bug me about it! Sometimes I need that extra push. If anyone wants the free pattern, click here.

Take care,
Karen

5 comments:

  1. Fantastic! Happy International Friendship Day--a day late!! That's me for ya *LOL* Have a great day my friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, I adore this! What a great job on each and every kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an awesome quilt. You should be so proud of it. Thank you for sharing the pattern too. I have 5 cats that I share my life with.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you taking the time to leave a comment and visiting my blog. I enjoy reading your comments.