- A shop hop featuring 8 quilt shops in a 30 mile radius of Shipshewana
- Two, count ‘em, 2, yes, I said two quilt shows. You know how I am about quilt shows—I love ‘em!! I went to one of the quilt shows last year, and blogged about it here. It was a wonderful quilt show.
- There is a Quilt Garden Tour going on in Northern Indiana. They’ve planted many gardens in the shape of quilts or quilt blocks. I plan to hit as many quilt garden spots along the route as we can fit in. Here’s a site that did a story about the planting of the quilt gardens (the Quilt Garden Tour site may be having server problems.)
- Lunch at Essenhaus, featuring good Amish food, a quilt shop and several other cute shops.
- Shopping in the famous Shipshewana where we’ll find 4 of the quilt shops on the shop hop, the quilt show, and many other wonderful, quaint shops.
- You can read more about the Shipshewana Quilt Festival 2010 here. They also have several workshops with some pretty famous names, some book signings, etc. The festival runs from June 23rd – June 26th.
So, here’s the plan (so far, but I’m open to suggestions). I’m taking Friday, June 25th off from work to go to the events. (I’ll need the weekend to recover from the trip). I plan to map out the Shop Hop route along with the quilt shows and quilt gardens. I would love to get a group to ride together, caravan, meet up along various spots on the route, and/or have lunch together. I’d love to meet up with anyone who would like to go to any or all of the above events. I think we’d have an awesome time! If you are interested, please email me and let me know what part you are interested in doing or if you have any other ideas. I can coordinate rides, where we can meet up, or other details of our fun adventure.
You know you want to go, so what are you waiting for? Granny Lyn, Rhoda, Pam?? Other Michigan peeps? Anyone from Ohio or Indiana? Send me an email!!