Saturday, April 24, 2010

Some eye candy!

I had an unexpected treat today.  I found out that Black Sheep Weaver’s Fiber Art Guild was throwing their 6th Annual Spring Fling.  I’d heard of this group, but had never attended any of their shows.  DH was working so I took a little drive to the show.  Boy, was I glad I went.  This is a talented group of artists that had something for everyone.  There were paintings, beautiful photography, a little pottery, jewelry, a few quilts, silk scarves and purses, and of course, lots of beautiful fiber art.   Everything was very presented very beautifully in an old, former church building.

Fiber show Apr 2010 002
This was an amazing 3-D picture made of beautiful brown fibers.  There was a similar picture that I didn’t get of a beautiful horse.

Fiber show Apr 2010 006This was a gorgeous woven piece (so tall).

Fiber show Apr 2010 003
Another woven piece.  The colors are beautiful.

Fiber show Apr 2010 008 
This shawl had a lot of texture.  It looks so light and lacy.

Fiber show Apr 2010 012
I love the blue colors in this sweater.

Fiber show Apr 2010 005
A lovely quilt

Fiber show Apr 2010 004
Cute!

Fiber show Apr 2010 010
This scarf was so soft!!  I can’t imagine how this is knitted (I assume it was knitted?)

Fiber show Apr 2010 001
Some pretty hand dyed yarn

Fiber show Apr 2010 007
I was so tempted to buy one of these scarves, especially the $10-$12 ones in the middle.  I’m kicking myself for not buying a scarf.  I don’t know how they can sell them for such a low price!

Fiber show Apr 2010 009

Love the owl!

Fiber show Apr 2010 011
Leave ‘em with a smile.

At this point, the batteries in my camera died or I’d have more pictures to show you.   I did manage to buy a couple of gifts for my new niece that should be born in the next few weeks, but I can’t show those to you quite yet.

Hope you enjoyed the show!

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I'm so glad you took us with you to see these wonderful creations! I'd love to just stroke the lion's mane for awhile. The sheep and owl are adorable. The blue sweater is really gorgeous. And you're right about the scarves being inexpensive. I made a scarf using the same yarn that's in the 3rd scarf on the bottom (olive green, pink, deep purple.) I'm sure I spent more than that just on the yarn. Looking forward to seeing pics of your new niece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love that lion. How clever.

    I don't know how they sell a scarf for $12 either. Perhaps it was machine knit which finishes the job in a snap. Still...there has to be that much just in yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lion is my favorite... He just pops out at you! Also love the owl. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you taking the time to leave a comment and visiting my blog. I enjoy reading your comments.